Virtual Show Details
• Classes will be awarded ribbons for 1st – 6th place. Winners will be notified once judging is complete, and ribbons will be mailed. Winners list will also be posted on Facebook and our website. If possible, we will post winners' videos in the Facebook event page.
• Entry fees are $6 per class. Fees can be paid via Paypal at paypal.me/ggaaranch. Please include entrant's full name and classes being paid for in the 'note' section. Videos will be cleared for judging after payment has been verified.
• Dress appropriately for a fun show. It is not necessary to wear your fanciest threads, but this is a great chance to put on something besides pajamas! As always with our arena shows, boots with at least 1/2" heel required. Videos of riders under 18 without a helmet will be disqualified.
• Please email links to firstname.lastname@example.org. Links must be received by 11:59 PM CT, 5/9/2020. Videos can be shared as a public Facebook post, a shared YouTube link, or a shared Google Drive link. If you have any technical problems sharing your link, please email email@example.com and we will help you out.
• All rules and requirements from our show bill are in effect for our virtual show.
• If filming from a phone, please use landscape mode.
• For all under saddle/equitation classes, video each gait (about 20 strides) required for that class, including a change in direction.
• Videos should be about 2 – 3 minutes in length.
• Have your videographer film from the position a judge would typically be standing. If necessary, use a little bit of zoom so the judge can clearly see the horse and rider and the maneuver being performed. The judge reserves the right to disqualify an entry due to poor quality. See example link below for camera placement for showmanship classes.
• Poles: place camera at start line as rider crosses it, have camera follow rider through the poles and back again as rider crosses the line again. For safety reasons, do NOT use poles shorter than 6 feet. Any videos using unsafe poles will be disqualified. See link below for pole pattern information.
• Stick Pony classes: For barrels, please use a standard 3-barrel pattern with barrels of your choosing. For jumps, use at least 4 jumps, materials of your choosing. Brooms make great substitute stick ponies. Have fun!
Uncertain about any parts of the virtual show? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to answer your questions.
Where Girls Become Friends, Friends Become Family and Family Becomes Forever!
God's Green Acre Association